6 ways to reach andheri
Have you ever wondered how much time we spend in traveling? For a simple reason right from Childhood I have a strong Loathe towards andheri—its not a place for humans. You simply can’t stay here, more than that you can’t come to work here. Its Law of nature -the more you avoid a thing, the more chances of you bumping into it. I was forced to undertake a job in Andheri, thanks to the virtual recession that hit India. One of the reasons contributing towards my abhorrence for andheri is its accessibility!!!!!. It’s so crowded that it’s impossible to reach anywhere in Andheri within 15 min’s, provided you are not walking to the next building. Another factor that aggregates my repugnance is the auto-rickshawala’s. If you are among those who have been to Andheri will agree, every auto-rickshawala in andheri is on a marathon race. Reaching andheri is like trying to run in opposite direction to the marathon group, obviously you will face hurdles—that too SHARK size!!!!. I have discovered 6 ways to reach andheri from New Bombay (as I have been put up in new Bombay from ages) Ever since I remember, I have stayed in New Mumbai to be specific in Belapur. I have heard many of my colleagues referring New Bombay as rest of Maharashtra. All these 6 ways take a toll on your health & pocket. Let me elaborate all these 6 ways for you. I work for a company which is situated opposite seepz. So my focus route is from New Bombay to Andheri seepz .
1) Knee-surgery way: – You can drive down to Andheri from C.B.D. via mankurud or Koperkharine. You would feel blessed if you have purchased a diesel version of your car while traveling through this route. This route takes a toll on your knees & pocket as well. Knees because practically you have to drive your car at gear 1 with periodic halts & stand still position for about ½ an hour to 45 mins. The maximum credit for this goes to our government as the IIT powai route is always under repair, as if the World Bank has put a clause to India while sanctioning the loan, that money would land in India only if IIT powai route is under repair. So practically you car doesn’t move, & if there are 4 people sitting in your car then it would be convenient to lift your car & walk down rather than drive it.
2) Shock absorbing route:-I am not very found of traveling by bus & the reason is the jerk that a person has to absorb due to our very unhealthy roads. I feel I have become a jerk absorber. This route is the longest & to top up the cake the cherry is the probability of arrival of the bus on time. You will have to take a Bus till Bandra & then change a different bus for andheri, as there is no direct Bus till andheri from New Bombay.The complexity is tooooo huge, hence I avoid this route. But I guess people who want to practice Samadhi can undergo this route. WHY???? Well cox in Samadhi you cant move any organ of your body, similarly u hardly get any space to move yourself while travelling through bus. The only difference between the natural Samadhi & the Bus samadhi is people do natural samadhi by choose & the later part is forced.
3) Obligation way:- This is the one of the loooonnnngest route to reach andheri, you need to take a train from New Bombay to Wadala & then from Wadala to Andheri station(as there are very few direct trains from New Bombay to andheri). The time required for to & fro journey is approximately 6 hours. You get such a plenty of time that you can do yoga, meditation, soul searching, practice the presentation that is due for office, knit a sweater (I have seen most of the local passengers do that), shop for latest trend in earnings-bands-bracelets that is sold in the local train, Clean your vegetables, get irritated & fight with fellow travelers etc. Who says Bombay people don’t get time for themselves, whoever says that ask them to travel from New Bombay till andheri—they won’t ever dare to complain about time in life.
From andheri station you can catch a rick till seepz. This part is the most difficult one, the willingness of any autowala to go towards andheri seepz is NIL. Now a bit of staistics u need to remb, in Andheri the probability of a rickshaw agreeing to take you to SEEPZ is 12:1. I fail to understand why there is such a big apprehension between these autowalas to drive towards Seepz. You cant buy him with extra money neither you can beg him. You can only be obliged to him for the curtsey shown towards you for dropping till Seepz (andheri).
4) Lung damage way:- Other alternative is to catch a train till Kurla & then take a rick till Andheri. This is the fastest route to reach Andheri. But if you travel by this route for approximately 4 months you will develop dust allergy— The pollution is so high in this zone that you get confused whether you are in a city or are caught in a cyclone. This unique route makes you forgot the smell or fragrance of your deo or perfume. The quality of people on Kurla station or the locality nearby Kurla station is so impressive that u forget your own fragrance as the fragrance gets coupled up with the surrounding. I want you to remind, Kurla is very much the same place where you get a glimpse of all hut houses while landing in Mumbai. Even on this route you have a challenge to get a rick from Kural to andheri.You asks them for your destination & they will neither nod NO nor YES. You have to assume that they have heard your voice & decided not to proceed. I really fail to understand as where these guys are headed to? It’s been my experience,I require minimum 15 to 20 minutes to get a rick to my designated location during the peak hour & that too after begging to least 10 of them. Trust me I have never taken so many NO’s in a row from anyone as its a matter of great humiliation, that too to a preety girl like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5) Sleep disorder way:- By great difficulty I figured out a direct way to reach home. There is a private bus service started by Mr.Chandreshekar – Which has several pick & drop points on the route from Belpaur to Andheri Seepz. You can get in touch with him on 9323851653 (I should get paid for the free advertisement I do on his behalf). I have become a free brand Ambassidor for him, men I wouldnt be suprised if I find myself giving away those small papaer outlets on kurla station mentioning his collaterals.I understand the insainty a Andheri Traveler faces, hence i want to reach out to as many people as possible.I usually get this but at about 6:45 & it reaches my destination by 8:30 PM. Its literally a 1 & ½ an hour shock absorber + Lung damage route. You cant practically do anything, but people like me who are talkative can finish off all the talking over the phone with the rest of the world. Apart from talking you can doze off—i.e if you are a person who can go off to sleep in crowd. You get a decent nap of 1 & ½ an hour which would disturb your night sleep cycle. By the time you reach home you are so fresh that you don’t hit bed on your usual time hence the cycle gets disturbed. Once you get used to this, you would feel sleepy at the same time on week-end days as well.
6) My Fav- pocket expenditure way :- And the last option is to catch a train till Chembur & then pick a rick till Andheri. I just love this route. It has no hazardus effect on your health, you can comfortably land at chembur station without much struggle. Its relatively very easy to get a rick. The traffic is less on the road. But its dam expensive, but I guess everything has a price. . “Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.”—quote by Leon Jospeh Cardinal Suenens. I am ready to pay the price………..